Clarington Forge Poachers Spade
Clarington Forge Poachers Spade Spades. "The Poachers Spade as the name suggests were once used by groundskeepers & poachers for digging rabbits and other varmints out of their burrows. Nowadays, they make very fine transplanting tools:the small, narrow blade is perfectly configured to dig the smmoth walled holes for the usual nursery sizes of perennial plants. You can even use this tool while down on your knees to divide clumps of old perennials, to work in a narrow flower bed, beside a wall or to transplant srubs." Quote from the Smith & Hawken Tool Book by William Bryant Logan.
Clarington Forge is the brand name used by the manufacturer in England. Bulldog as they are called in England still make their tools in England having done so since 1790.
The head and socket is made from a single piece of metal that is forged and beaten into shape so that there are no eak points or welds to break.
The premier wooden shatfs are hand turned in the Bulldog workshops, stained and varnished for weather protection.
The tool will last a lifetime of use Read more...
Clarington Forge Poachers Spade Features
- the perfect transplanting spade/shovel. Blade is 5" wide and 10.5" long
- Made in England by a garden tool manufacturer that started business in 1790
- Forged head and with long metal solid socket to hold handle. Very durable and strong.
- Hardwood handle with split YD grip.
- small, narrow blade and overall 38" length makes this tool perfect for use in the flower or vegetable garden.
Where to buy Clarington Forge Poachers Spade ?You can buy Clarington Forge Poachers Spade low price. See more prices, shipping options available and additional information via click the link below - This offer is Limited Time Only! Get it Now!
|Price as of : 2012-11-08 |
Amazon secure payment system.